- I am currently offering psychology tuition for any education level. Register your interest here (no obligations!)
- I recently started a Patreon community where I offer exclusive content and tailored advice for members and my fans! I would love to have you with us. Click here to join!
Considering Psychology as a degree, but can’t decide between NTU and NUS Psychology? We’ve got you covered! With 4 friends from NTU and NUS Psychology, we answer 10 frequently asked questions about the experience as a psychology student in both institutions. We also provide the nitty-gritty details, and offer some tips on how to thrive if you do choose to pursue Psychology in either university!
Questions to be answered (Ctrl-F to jump to the question straight, e.g. “Q3”)
- Q1. Did you choose NTU/NUS Psych, and why?
- Q2. What were your expectations for the Psych course when you first entered? How has the actual experience been similar and different?
- Q3. What is the process for getting modules in NTU/NUS Psych like, and how has the experience been for you?
- Q4. What are your favourite modules so far, and what modules have you not taken but want to?
- Q5. (Because NUS allows seeing grades before S/U) How has the S/U function helped you? For NTU students, what are your opinions on this?
- Q6. Share one favourite memory you made in university.
- Q7. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice before entering university, what would it be?
- Q8. What research opportunities are available for students in your batch, and have you taken up any of them? How was the experience like?
- Q9. What career opportunities have you been exposed to?
- Q10. What resources do you recommend for incoming students to your university’s Psych programme?
Profiles of our guest interviewees (names tagged to social media profiles)
Gwyneth (NTU): Year 4 doing Psychology and Sociology as a 2nd Major at NTU. Spends all her free time blogging or reading specific genres of manga (yes very boring). PLEASE support her by sharing this post/blog with ALL your friends. Find her @gwynethtyt everywhere.
Tarif (NTU): Year 2 NTU Psychology Major, pursuing a minor in Youth Work and Guidance. In his free time, Tarif enjoys taking long walks amidst nature and scrolling through TikTok and Facebook for funny content. A pragmatic idealist, Tarif can often be caught contemplating life, seeking greater meaning in the work that he does. Beyond his musings, he lives by the phrase: all is well!
Terance (NUS): Year 2 NUS Psychology undergraduate. Doesn’t like balloons.
Ye Rui (NUS): Year 2 NUS Psychology undergraduate. Enjoys watching shows, gaming, and playing soccer. HATES cucumbers.
All links open in new tabs. Select page 2 below to begin.
If my posts helped you and you’d like to show your appreciation, consider making a donation here! It keeps my blog running and my energies focused on writing LOL. I’ll also set aside 10% of all donations received for my monthly subscription to Share The Meal. More details here.
4 thoughts on “NTU vs NUS Psychology: The Lowdown”
Quite an interesting read, thanks for sharing! 🙂
Thanks for your kind words Claire! Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to read about 🙂
hello!! just wanted to thank you (and the other 3) for this incredibly informative and also fun read it’s SO helpful for applicants looking into both unis!! am kinda glad/reassured to know that regardless of which uni you go to as long as you make the most of your experience there isn’t rly a wrong choice… also really enjoyed the post on the waseda exchange it made me so excited for overseas opportunities in uni omg
Hello~ thank you so much for your kind words. Please feel free to let me know if there’s any new content you’d like to see 🙂