Compilation of useful resources for incoming freshmen.
All links open in new tabs.
- NTUSU Clubs & Societies Guide: overview of all clubs and societies in NTU, along with social media and contact information
- Freshmen Introduction Booklet also at the same link
- U-Insight: NTUSU’s online magazine covering student affairs
- Gwyneth’s blog posts, because of course:
- Gwyn’s Guide to NTU Modules: comprehensive review of all modules I’ve taken so far.
- Feedback to NTUSU – they read it. Please be nice.
- U-Feedback: official, comprehensive feedback platform
- email@example.com: direct email
- My friend Utek’s trove of resources for psych undergrads.
(Yes… I have friends.)
- Get Psyched: PsychSoc’s awesome newsletter!
- HASS overview on 2nd major/minor: better than NTU’s overview
- URECA Proceedings: compilation of selected articles from URECA across the years. Good to get an idea of what you’re signing up for.
- My URECA paper on construal level, identity, and multiculturalism
- Content of courses: plan ahead with this gold mine
- uWave: consolidates all student services in one neat app. e.g. personalised timetable, bus timings, facility booking, upcoming events, and student forum. Essential
- Blackboard: NTULearn but on your mobile. Essential
- Forest: plant virtual trees; can’t leave app while tree is growing. Virtual coins earned can be converted to planting real-life trees(?)
- BFT: similar to Forest; keeps your phone face-down
- GoParkin: NTU’s new barrier-less initiative uses this for parking
- Microsoft To-Do: create and categorise tasks in to-do lists
- Moment: detailed tracking of phone usage patterns and screen time logged
- CamScanner: scan pages, cards, receipts, your face on demand… You’d be surprised at how much more professional your notes and documents will seem after using this.
- Eisenhower matrix: is your task important? Is it urgent? Is it both, or neither?
- Setting SMART goals: because setting goals is the best way to justify procrastination
- Google Calendar: all basic bitches use it, so can you
- Trello: project management tool designed for collaboration – you can now chastise your group mates with evidence of their social loafing!
- RescueTime: logs your computer usage to create personalised productivity reports
- When2meet.com: coordinates meeting availabilities for groups and presents them in a clean calendar template. No longer do you need to suffer through the never-ending WhatsApp copy-paste threads.
- NTU Psychology Society (instagram|telegram)
- NTU Students’ Union (instagram|telegram): covers latest events on campus and student initiatives
- NTU SSS Club (instagram)
- NTU Food Buddy (t.me/ntufoodbuddy): p2p platform for on-demand campus food delivery
- NTU Paid Studies (t.me/ntupaidstudies): get cash, rewards, or karma in exchange for participating in fellow students’ studies
- Gwyneth’s insta SKSKSKSK
Send me ideas if you want, I’ll credit you